Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bad day

Today can be considered as one of my worst day of working in this place. Today I had to brief one of the most difficult and unwanted person. He is so difficult. Hi is very concern with your grammar and your spoken English. Me...an average English speaking person do make mistakes especially in the nervous state. I think I have prepared my work well but at times I can be careless.

From the beginning he kept on correcting my English which I don't really mind because he spoke in a natural way. Things have been going okay (I cannot say smoothly) coz as long as he didnt shout at me then I its ok. But towards the end, I made a clerical mistake. The art of copy and paste...and that point of time he shouted like Hell!!!!! He shouted, said nasty things to me for example 'idiot woman'......u should have there. I dare not look at him nor opened my mouth. I know if I did that I will start to cry. Seriously my eyes were already filled with tears. At that point of time the only thing that I thought was to get out from there as soon as possible.

Later he mellowed down and I remembered he told me 'Its nothing personal' and he raised his voice again "And u will not take this personal against me"....So I went out, tears started to fall and my colleugue (tatau eja), said he was not mad at me. He was only trying to make a point. But if u were at my place, trying to make a point or being mad is just the same.....

Tomorrow MrsBeautiful would have to brief him. I hope that she will not endure the same 'torture' that I had today. Maybe he meant well but that doesnt stop me from hating him.

Well, one more hurdle to go through. This Thursday. Please pray for me. And I am so sadd..and down....

6 comments:

foodlover said...

Well, don't be afraid of the person. Have confidence in yourself. Stand tall and put your chin up. Don,t let people belittle you. Alah... English language is not our language. Even the English (people) doesn't speak with correct grammar.Pedulikan.....

Anonymous said...

Nurul, don't worry about it too much.. He's doing it to everyone not only you so bukanlah kita yang tak pandai dia je yang always ter-over.. Just take it positively, apa2 maki hamun yang dia bagi tu just masuk telinga kanan keluar telinga kirilah... Cheers! Smile a bit!

-Mrs mothercare-

mummy_icha said...

..this story reminds me of myself when i was in AGC; tht i was called stupid,idiot,lazy fresh grad etc when in fact i had done evthg 2d fullest, ms tu terasa mcm nak g bomohkan aje org yg jahat mulut tu.x boleh ke guna p'kataan2 yg elok2, kan?heran juga dgn sesetgh org yg mcm ini.bykkan sabar ajelah di bulan mulia ini :-)

nuruliz said...

Thank you for all the kind words. It was a hell of an experience. I wish he would be hit by a car which he was almost had. But God is still giving him a chance. This kind of people should be eradicated from this world. He is one old person yang kubur kata mari rumah kata pergi. Tak sedar diri punya orang tua!

Anonymous said...

Puan Sri Nurul.....

Chobaaan.....chobaaaa.......
Jgn risau.....memang sifat mamat tu begitu fasal frust menonggeng tak naik pangkat..

Buat solat hajat dan baca 7x ayat kursi dalam air dan minum.....tak kira jumpa sesiapa pun nurul..insyaAllah mereka seram berhadapan dgn U......

Lie....t.intan.
(selamat berbuka )

abg singh kita sihat ke .....

Adioss....

nuruliz said...

Lie...
Nama glamer ke? hehehe..Abang Singh sihat tapi stresslah seperti biasa. Teluk Intan better except jauh je kan...well i pray that u will be transferred he asap..but not to COA...